REPORTS TO: FREIGHT FORWARDING MANAGER
• Maintaining a good professional relationship with all the clients of the sales personal and to be equally responsible for generating enquiries, quoting and executing shipments.
• Acknowledge each and every enquiry received from the client.
• Quoting the clients based on RFQs received from them on time (mostly within the same day).
• Coordinating and negotiating with overseas agents for competitive rates for sea/ air imports.
• Comparing between at least 2-3 agents for cheaper rates along with effective transit time, routing with carriers.
• Following up with customers for feedbacks of rates and persuading / convincing clients for confirmations.
• Arranging bookings with overseas agents for imports & local ops team for exports
• Sorting out any dispute / issues on invoices.
• Ensure to send invoices for each shipment upon completion of job without any delay.
• Ensure no credit notes are issued due to careless mistakes.
• Updating and sending timely status reports to clients with respective order nos.
• Attending client meeting if required for existing clients to customize the operations.
• Prepares daily queries list and discuss with the sales team on the quotes/ bookings.
• Maintaining the status report and ensuring timely update of files for ready availability, for sales personal as and when required.
• Ensure to send SOA’s to customers on weekly basis.
MAIN PERFORMANCE MEASURES:
• Ensure the sales team achieves the assigned monthly target.
• Number of jobs handled.