Marine Chief Engineer For Ship/Yacht
(IMPORTANT NOTE: Please read full Job Description before applying as we are very specific on our requirements and Job description otherwise Do Not apply) Share CV on Whatsapp only – 05*******2.
Job Description includes:
• A Marine Chief Engineer holds complete responsibility for the operation of the engine room and any maintenance of machinery onboard the vessel.
• As head of Marine Engineering on board ship, the Marine Chief Engineer works closely with the Captain, occasionally holding equal rank, to ensure that the physical aspect of the vessel is completely under control.
• You must work within a small team to ensure that all maintenance is completed efficiently and in depth.
• The Marine Chief Engineer must maintain inventory for any spare parts, extra fuel and oil. This inventory must be kept up to date.
• The Marine Chief Engineer must also ensure that the engine room is well kept and prepared for inspection by higher authorities, and it is the Marine Chief Engineer’s responsibility in the event that the inspection finds the room unsatisfactory.
• You must also determine the volume of oil, fuel and lube required for each voyage and ensure that substantial quantities of each is on board.
• The Marine Chief Engineer delivers general daily operation of the engine room to their primary assistant.
• Key skills and qualifications of a Marine Chief Engineer:
• You must be educated to degree level and hold any other qualifications associated with Maritime engineering.
• You must have a Class 1 Certificate of Competency – Marine Chief Engineer.
• A Marine Chief Engineer must have experience in both mechanical and electrical engineering as well as experience in the oil refinery industry.
• A Marine Chief Engineer must be organised to efficiently maintain the engine room and must also be able to work under pressure and within time constraints in the event of an emergency. Man management skills are essential for a role in Marine Engineering at a senior level.
• The Marine Chief Engineer must also be able to communicate well as part of a small team, and work cooperatively with other colleagues.
• You must be proficient in any software associated with engineering.
SALARY PACKAGE: NEGOTIABLE
No. of Openings: 1
Experience: 5 - 10 years
Gender Required: Male
Nationality Required: Any Nationality Can Apply
Visa Status Required: Any Visa Status
License/Certificates Required: None
Is CV Required? Yes
Is Video Intro Required? No
Company Type: DIRECT COMPANY
Company Size: 51-200 employees
Industry Type: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
Company Description: a construction and transportation company