Job description of RoboChef Restaurant Waiter/Waitress
• Provide the highest standard of care to the guests
• Taking customer orders and delivering food and beverages.
• Making menu recommendations, answering questions and sharing additional information with restaurant guests.
We are looking for a skilled Waiter or Waitress to take orders and deliver food and beverages to our customers.
The right Waiter/Waitress uplifts the dining experience for customers. We are looking for someone who will have the patience, personality, and perseverance to thrive in this role.
Waiter/Waitress responsibilities include greeting and serving customers, providing detailed information on menus, multi-tasking various front-of-the-house duties. To be a successful Waiter or Waitress, you should be polite with our customers and make sure they enjoy their meals. You should also be a team player and be able to effectively communicate with our Kitchen Staff to make sure orders are accurate and delivered promptly.
Waiter/Waitress duties may require working in shifts, during weekends and holidays. You will have one day off a week.
• Greet and escort customers to their tables
• Present menu and provide detailed information when asked (e.g. about portions, ingredients or potential food allergies)
• Prepare tables by setting up linens, silverware and glasses
• Inform customers about the day’s specials
• Offer menu recommendations upon request
• Up-sell additional products when appropriate
• Take accurate food and drinks orders, using a POS ordering software, order slips or by memorization
• Check customers’ IDs to ensure they meet minimum age requirements for consumption of alcoholic beverages
• Communicate order details to the Kitchen Staff
• Serve food and drink orders
• Check dishes and kitchenware for cleanliness and presentation and report any problems
• Arrange table settings and maintain a tidy dining area
• Deliver checks and collect bill payments
• Carry dirty plates, glasses and silverware to kitchen for cleaning
• Meet with restaurant staff to review daily specials, changes on the menu and service specifications for reservations (e.g. parties)
• Carry items when required
• Perform indoor cleaning of the restaurant
• Follow all relevant health department regulations
• Provide excellent customer service to guests
• Proven work experience as a Waiter or Waitress
• Hands-on experience with cash register and ordering information system (e.g. Revel POS or Toast POS)
• Basic math skills
• Attentiveness and patience for customers
• Excellent presentation skills
• Strong organizational and multitasking skills, with the ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment
• Active listening and effective communication skills
• Team spirit
• Flexibility to work in shifts
• High school diploma; food safety training